Did you know they’re offering programs for adults too? In fact, they’ve got a workshop coming up this Saturday. Hmmm…. I do need more practice with soldering.
Click the original link here for more details.
There is no better place than The Workshop at The Science Garage to get hands-on and creative, which is why we’re hosting workshops!
Each Make + Take Workshop includes:
- Science Garage access for 2 guests (atleast 1 adult)
- A fun project to build and take home
- 3-4 hours instruction from Science Garage staff
- Unique skill instruction. For example: circuitry, electronics, soldering, etc.
- Access to all tools needed to build your project.
- Access to materials to enhance your project.
Saturday, August 20, 2016 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
These noise-making electronic kits are sure to impress! We will explore possibilities of electronic sounds and how they are created. Whether you build the light-based Theremin, the digital bird, or the space gun kit, these projects offer lots of opportunities to increase your musical talent!
- Theremin Player Kit: Beginner Soldering Skills (Speaker, photocell, and other components)
- Build a mini-model of a Theremin! Produce fun sounds depending on closeness of your fingers to a photocell sensor.
- Digital Bird: Intermediate Soldering Skills (Speaker, Capacitors, Potentiometers)
- Is that a bird in the house? No, it’s a Digital Bird! Solder together your own chirping device that can be modified to make different bird sounds.
- Space War Gun Kit: Advanced Soldering Skills (Speaker, LEDs, Potentiometers)
- Use your knowledge of soldering and circuitry to create a fun Sci-Fi space sounds. Capacitors, resistors, timers and more!
Capacity: 10 pairs (Each ticket purchase is for 2 guests (atleast 1 adult))
Cost: $55 for General Public, $50 for TWOSE Members