Are you ready for the Telus World Of Science to get a little risqué? They’re bringing back their most popular Dark Matters night with the “Science of Sex” on Dec. 7th!
See the event link here.
December marks the return of one of our most popular themes yet: Science of Sex. We’re bringing back some of our favourite guest experts to explore the science of all things naughty and nice!
Discover what a cellphone and a vibrator have in common. Learn about some of the craziest sex lives in the animal kingdom (a duck’s ballistic corkscrew-shaped penis is just the beginning), and travel back in time to the invention of the vibrator — when it was used as a tool in doctor’s offices — and even further back, to the age of the dinosaurs and their mating habits.
– Provocative Speaker Series in the IMAX Theatre (IM) & Kinetic Hall (KH):
- 6:45 p.m. (IM) The Prolific Penis: It’s prowess, protuberance, & particulars – Dr. Theresa McCallum
- 7:00 p.m. (KH) F#ck Yeah! Enthusiastic Consent – Nikki Bernier, Director of Community Engagement at the Sexual Assault Centre
- 7:30 p.m. (IM) The Innies & Outies of Invertebrate Sex – Dr. Heather Proctor
- 7:45 p.m. (KH) …Down the Rabbit Hole with a Sex Therapist – Dr. Cory Hrushka
- 8:30 p.m. (IM) When Algae met Fungi: A Lichen Love Story – Dr. Diane Haughland
- 8:45 p.m. (KH) The Hysterical History of the Vibrator – Dr. Lynne Honey
- 9:30 p.m. (IM) A Romantic Worldview of Dinosaurs – Dr. Phil Currie
- 9:45 p.m. (KH) Sexy Storytelling: Tipi Confessions – Dr. Tracy Bear
And as always: