Happy Harbor Comics as we know it is having one last going-away party today and it’ll be an event for the ages! We’ll see you there for the family-friendly events at the very least!
After nearly 20 years, Happy Harbor was ready to close its doors.
But thanks to you, the great fans of the Harbor, word spread and the store was purchased so the legacy could live on!
Join us for a day long celebration where you can chat with Jay & Shawna, the outgoing owners, and say WELCOME to Vince, Levi and the gang from Wonderland!
It will also be an opportunity to give back to the community that HH supported with a few fundraising events to raise money for the Edmonton Public Schools Foundation!
Family-friendly events from 1 pm to 5pm with;
– Cosplay selfies featuring nearly a dozen of your favourite characters! (min $2 donation)
– Artist Collaboration where your kids draw with local comics artists Melanie Hohn, Smashed Head the Art of Daniel J. Schneider, Jeff Martin Draws Things, Kyle Charles, Perry Parker, & Tad Martindale! (visit website for more details/donations)
– Juggling Jordan and his amazing talents will entertain!
– Phileas Flash balloon artist extraordinaire!
Then in the evening, even more entertainment (18+ please) beginning at 7pm with;
– Juggling Jordan (Jordan Imgrund-Harvey), with a fresh, more mature act!
– Burlesque performances ft. Evangeline Cachet, Cru Ella Corbeau & Darla Darwin!
– Apocalypse Kow!
– Bikini Atoll Beach Party!
– Fifteen Pounds of Beets!
– White Label Demo!
Donation jars will be around the store so you can keep helping the EPSF, so bring a little extra monies for the cause!
Mark it on your calendar, round up the troops, and join us for a Beatles-esuqe “you say goodbye, we say hello” party that you won’t forget!
This is a free event with donation support!
Full details on the website (getting updated this weekend);